• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ Ink not completely empty

MVIP

I have noticed the last few times my printer has indicated that the ink is out there is still some left when cart is removed. Is anyone else noticing this. I did check the level on the machine and it is off a little.

Any help would be appreciated, this ink is expensive and it seems like I'm ordering $500 worth every couple of days.

Also, whose has the best deal on ink? anyone giving deals for quantity orders?

VJ 1604 VJ 1304 Eco ultra inks

Thanks
-Matt

randya

Get ahold of your dealer or support@mutoh.com if your chips are empty before your cartridges for replacement chips.

There will always be some ink in the cartridge, if the cartridge is setting horizontal.

If there is a large amount of ink left, this is a good indication of some problem, usually with the sealing between the head and the capping station or issues with the pump.

http://www.mutoh.com/kb/entry/95/

MVIP

Get ahold of your dealer or support@mutoh.com if your chips are empty before your cartridges for replacement chips.

There will always be some ink in the cartridge, if the cartridge is setting horizontal.

If there is a large amount of ink left, this is a good indication of some problem, usually with the sealing between the head and the capping station or issues with the pump.

http://www.mutoh.com/kb/entry/95/

Not a lot of ink, but I noticed the indicator tab moves out and ink is still in front of mechanism inside cart.

If I tilt the cartridge towards the end it goes back in. Problem is once the tab is out it apparently flashes the card.

My warranty is up soon, maybe It's time for a service call.

-Matt

MVIP

this sounds pretty normal for horizontal cartridges.

That's kinda what I was thinking. Do they make a retrofit kit to use them vertical? I always use 220's because I have the kids around, and don't want to risk them breaking off a 440.

Thanks! :thumb:

-Matt

gamerxr72

I'm having a similar problem with one of our VJ1604's after having to do an ink charge.

All ink cartridges that the printer says need replacing are still about half full. I'm not talking about just the ones there were there during the ink charge either.

Ive got one Magenta cartridge that still weighs 24oz, and two Blacks that weigh about 18oz. All their cards say empty.

Fellers is sending us cards for them, but I don't want to have to call them for additional cards every time.

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

henryp

I'm having a similar problem with one of our VJ1604's after having to do an ink charge.

All ink cartridges that the printer says need replacing are still about half full. I'm not talking about just the ones there were there during the ink charge either.

Ive got one Magenta cartridge that still weighs 24oz, and two Blacks that weigh about 18oz. All their cards say empty.

Fellers is sending us cards for them, but I don't want to have to call them for additional cards every time.

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

What is the firmware version of your printer? If it is an old one, try upgrading to the latest version (1.13), hope this helps.

gamerxr72

What is the firmware version of your printer? If it is an old one, try upgrading to the latest version (1.13), hope this helps.

The firmware is not the issue. It was fine at 2.0, then this started happening and it was still 2.0. We upgraded to the newest one today when my boss disassembled and reassembled the printer (not the whole thing) to check for problems.

It prints fine. We just wont know if the problem is gone until we need to replace another cartridge.

Also, if you are using 1.13 firmware on a mutoh vj1604, you should update.

henryp

The firmware is not the issue. It was fine at 2.0, then this started happening and it was still 2.0. We upgraded to the newest one today when my boss disassembled and reassembled the printer (not the whole thing) to check for problems.

It prints fine. We just wont know if the problem is gone until we need to replace another cartridge.

Also, if you are using 1.13 firmware on a mutoh vj1604, you should update.

We are obligated to use Japanese firmware. I just had a look at the Mutoh Japan website, the latest for the VJ-1604 is still v1.13, v2.0 might be from Mutoh Europe.

P

ProWraps™

im not a fan of the tab system used on the mutoh. which we run. ive often wondered how much ink is left in the cart when we dispose of it. but when it starts beeping, we run it until it physically stops to make sure we use as much as we can.

heyskull

We also run ours till it stops.
It doesn't run the machine out as that has I think about 100ml as a prefilled tank inside.
I also think you have a capping station problem and the inks are running back into the cartridge.
We had a similair problem not to long back (it has only done this once).

SC