• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ1204 not printing any colors

kkell101

Hello and hope everyone is having a better day than I am. I took our VJ1204 down today for some much needed maintenance. This printer is about a 1 1/2 years old and we print alot of banners that have full coverage of ink. Had been noticing we had some clogged nozzles and when printing banners we would get light coverage in areas. Today I took and rebuilt the Maintenance station and replaced all dampers. After replacing dampers I pulled ink into the dampers with a syringe. Done a couple of head cleanings and told it to print a cmyk test image. I get no colors at all. I go into maintenance menu and do a ink charge and there is no ink being pulled through the lines while the head is sitting on the capping station. I checked the pump in maintenance by putting cleaning fluid on capping station and you can see the pump pumping it to the waste tank. Any ideas? I have checked everything short of replacing head. Could there still be air in the lines. I did a head soak but that should not ruin the head. I'm baffled. Thanks for everyones help in advance.

kkell101

wunder

the capping sit not 100% under the Head ! Check this with a syring. you must allign the cap under the head. Syring must be filling with ink..otherwise only air in the syring.

regards
wunder

kkell101

I don't see how it can be the capping assembly because the maintenance station when I remount the ms there are registers that it aligns too. When the head comes home it raises the maintenance station to where it needs to be. All the springs are in place. I have checked the F2 fuse on the mainboard. It checks good in circuit. Had to pull the mainboard out to get to the F2 fuse and I have the old mainboard where it is soldered in. I have read where before the head starts printing it will beep twice or else the F2 fuse is blown. Is this the case because mine does not beep. I have even told it to print a 36x96 full color print thinking maybe it will take time to get the ink flowing. No color at all! How can changing a MS and Dampers along with a head soak cause this?

kkell101

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Check fuse F6 and F7 on the Valuejet as those are the ones that protect the head. If they are good, take the syringe and hook it up to the waste tubes. Make sure to pinch one of the tubes shut or use two syringes so that you don't suck air. Pull with the syringe while the head is capped and see if ink flows through. If not than the cap is not sealing with the head properly.

kkell101

Where are the F6 and F7 fuses located. I checked F2 fuse as stated in other postings and I'm pretty sure I checked all the other fuses, but I have been all over this thing so I really can't remember. Are they the soldered in types and if so what are their ratings. I appreciate the input. Also I just pulled the ink through all the dampers with a syringe and then printed a color test. I started out with very light color then back to nothing again.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If you were able to pull ink through and it printed anything at all, the fuses should be good. Check the ink lines for air. Even a little bubble can cause problems. Can you take a picture of the damper area and post it?

tint_zone

The Cap Top Needs To Be Replaced, this happened to me already as long as you do an ink charge and nothing comes out the waste its diffinitely that. Once it printed light means fuses are good. I replaced the cap top instead of trying to fix it, solved my problem twice. Have a good 1

kkell101

Ok! I found out the problem with printing and no ink being laid down. It did turn out that it was the cap assembly in which was a brand new one that I purchased. I put the old one back on and got ink flowing to the head and actually printing now. The only problem I'm having now and I have included pictures is the banding that I am getting on my prints. Could this still be the cap causing the problem, because I had to go back to a used one to get it running. I cleaned the encoder wheel on the left side of the printer. Had alot of build up of ink residue and also blew out the pickup for the encoder. Doing this did not solve the problem. The rip software I am using is Photo Print 10 which came with the printer. Like I said I was having this problem off and on before I put new Dampers in and a new Cap(which was defective). What else do I need to look for? Thanks alot guys for the help!

kkell101

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 144
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 115

kkell101

Ok! Just wanted to give an update. I have my Mutoh Valuejet 1204 printing like it was brand new. I'm a little disappointed in Mutoh's Tech Support or lack there of. But anyway I replaced all eight dampers and rebuilt the maintenance station. The problem I was having to where it was not printing any colors ended up being the printhead got out of alignment while replacing the dampers. The cover that holds the dampers down in place takes a little finesse to get off. Do not remove two front screws on printhead assembly thinking it will make removing the damper cover easier. All it does is cause heart ache. There is some difference in the original MS cap verses the replacement as far as the depth of the filter location. With the printhead out of alignment the old cap would pull ink to the printhead but the new cap would not. All this being said I have become very well educated with the valuejet 1204. I realigned the head and put the new cap back in and all is good. Also to all who reads this post remember if your getting alot of over spray with your ink look at the head alignment. I am still getting a very slight bit of ink floating around and that appears to be due to the pad missing on the right side of the printhead (part #: df-49136). If anyone knows where I can buy these let me know. I appreciate everyones help! Hope everyone has a good day!!

Sincerely,
kkell101

edecon363

mutoh spitfire 65

hello all
i have the above mentioned printer,i have a challenge with it.its not printing any colour at all.i have tried the powerfull cleaning and inkload but no positive result.I NEED HELP