• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help vj1204 s/c card reader error

Hot Vinyl

Hot Vinyl
I actually have a mutoh vj1204 as well and hate it. I am on my 4th head. I have had the error issue too. I had to get new ink from sign warehouse for it to sorta reset itself and work. I would try that. I wished I could get a different printer but will have to wait tell get more business. But hope this helps.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You can replace the card reader and that works a lot of the time. I also see people get bad cards from Mutoh and aftermarket ink suppliers all the time. If you are using OEM inks, your supplier should be able to get you new ones. If you are using aftermarket, it depends on the company.

Umca

I actually have a mutoh vj1204 as well and hate it. I am on my 4th head. I have had the error issue too. I had to get new ink from sign warehouse for it to sorta reset itself and work. I would try that. I wished I could get a different printer but will have to wait tell get more business. But hope this helps.
What is your printer model? VJ1204 or VJ1204AS ?

mutohscott

I agree.
I paid booko bucks for this system and with a card read error you cant print or clean and then the heads go bad, sounds like illegal monopoly to me.
I'm retired and just stuck caring for paid equipment.
I use my printer sometimes for self and friends and sign warehouse could care less about me until i pay for tech support etc...
Sign warehouse used to have a great guy for support, and you could call him even in his garage after hours and he would help you.
hoorah! for the new age of everyone is hurting after covid.
Why not gouge some more and rise a gas price as well...grrr

mutohscott

i did same bought ink and after 6 months no working, called them they said sorry no one to help you we are in a snow storm, no call back either.
they got 22,400.00 of my money for three machines..ugh