• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ1204 weird banding(ish) on solids

biznitch

I'm getting a weird banding issue when printing solid colors, the patern repeats itself every 2cm, I can't take a pic because the camera doesn't record the banding, it almost seems like there is small hairline (maybe smaller) every pass, weird issue, I've changed temps now at mutoh specs, I've done pf adjustment, print head adjustment, cleans, little charge, cleaned wiper numerous times, nozzle check is 100%, the only thing I haven't done is a head soak but my nozzle check is good,

any help is greatly appreciated
thanks
Dany

gregwallace

No the media compensation setting or step setting. Not sure what its called on your printer. You said every 2 cm and I assume thats the width of each individual band. If so than it could be a stepping problem. It could also be a heat/ink ratio issue since it only shows up in solid areas. But since you already looked into the I would explore adjusting the stepping.

gregwallace

hmm.. Pictures would be nice. Are you getting any overspray? Is it throughout the entire print the same or does start off good and then get progressively worse? The hairline you see is this located in the middle of one of the bands as the machine prints or is it not noticable until after all of the passes are complete?

heyskull

I am just going to suggest a warped encoder disk.
I realise yours is a 1204 but should be similar to my 1604 which tends to jump every now and again (especially in the warm weather).
I have a new disk and a spacer to centre it but have been so busy and it doesn't get to warm in the UK this should be similar on the 1204.
Roll the media out and listen for anything clunking as this is a sign, it may be very slight.

SC

biznitch

here is an image, I had a look at it yesterday, I pulled the cover off, I'll have a look again tonight, the unit is only about 2 months old, and its in a temp controlled room, i wonder if this is something that would be covered under warranty, is there a way to confirm this is the issue? I don't hear any thumping when advancing or backing up the vinyl.

Thanks for the input

Attachments

• 20130916_221939.jpg
    20130916_221939.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 136