• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ1304-Missing nozzles...

NASIAS

FLOGAS DESIGN
Hello,
I have a mutoh vj 1304-eco solvent , which I bought on Semtember 2010.A have a missing nozzle in cyan ,from summer ,no matter the head cleaning ,it is always there.I contact the CPI -Greece ,the Mutoh reseller in Greece(because I had a year warranty) and the told me that I did not do the cleaning right and they cannot change the head for me(in the warranty).
Now, I have two more nozzles missing ,in cyan again.:Oops:Any suggestions what I can do to clean the head before I change it?I suspect that something is wrong with the inks(I don't use OEM inks).
Any suggestions would be welcome.
:thankyou:

FatCat

3rd party ink that is out of spec from OEM ink can cause those problems. Especially if the pigment particles are not ground down to the same size. Once a nozzle is plugged for a long time it is almost impossible to get it back. Especially on the DX5 head which is what the ValueJet uses.

However, all problems that I have had with missing nozzles have been directly related to either the head not sealing properly on the capping station, or clogs in the waste/drain tubing under the capping station. You need to clean around your head and capping station 1-2x per week and squirt some cleaning fluid down the cap every time you do this. Also, once a month I like to insert a syringe onto the drain lines (Move the head off the capping station) and gently push/pull cleaning fluid through the lines to rinse and loosen any clogs.

NASIAS

FLOGAS DESIGN
However, all problems that I have had with missing nozzles have been directly related to either the head not sealing properly on the capping station, or clogs in the waste/drain tubing under the capping station.
I had two more clogs ,today, in cyan again and I discoved that the waste tubing was cloged,too.Do you think that the inks cause these promblems?
I don't know how to drain ink with the syringe,have you seen a video on you tube or another link to show me the way?
:thankyou:for your response !