• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vj1604 dye sub conversion

buzzgraphics

anyone done one or seen one done? I (will hopefully) have a backup 1604 that I'm considering converting to run dye sub inks but can't find anything that says it's officially do-able. thoughts?

Robert M

maybe

This has come up before with our customers and there are some things to be watch for. That printer has sub tanks that are foil pouches. These may be hard to flush completely out due to the fact they never fill completely up before allowing fluid to leave the pouch. The other thing is firmware, an aqueous Value Jet has a different firing pattern than a solvent printer. Look at trading in the 64" for a smaller Mutoh Dye Sub printer

buzzgraphics

This has come up before with our customers and there are some things to be watch for. That printer has sub tanks that are foil pouches. These may be hard to flush completely out due to the fact they never fill completely up before allowing fluid to leave the pouch. The other thing is firmware, an aqueous Value Jet has a different firing pattern than a solvent printer. Look at trading in the 64" for a smaller Mutoh Dye Sub printer

thanks for the info. that's what I need to know.