• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ1608 Power Off

tgrinds

Has anyone come across any Mutoh VJs that won't completely power down? Intermittently, when I power off the machine, it hangs and doesn't completely power down. I am forced to unplug the main. I'm on the latest firmware and it's on a dedicated circuit. Actually, one time, it turned back on unexpectedly after it did power down. Like I said, it happens like twice a week when it's done for the day. Just wondering if anyone else came across a similar issue.

Thanks.

artbot

i used to have an old crappy encad. it had a bad power supply that would cause it sometimes to take forever to boot. sometimes right away. also sometimes, i'd turn it off and it would take several pushes of the front power button to turn off. but it never booted up by itself. sometimes in the service menu there is a power supply check

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
How long are you waiting for the printer to power off and what does the screen say during this process? The VJ series always take at least 15 to 20 seconds because it is saving your settings to the board, pulling the plug will cause the printer to loose these settings. The VJ-1608 will also ask you to do a CR Maintenance before it will power down, you can skip this step by hitting the cancel button.

tgrinds

The menu states Powering Off and the green light is on. This is after the CR Maintenance check comes up. I've waited a couple of minutes at times thinking it's just being a little stubborn. Next time it happens, I'll leave it for a longer amount of time. I'm wondering if the firmware needs to be reinstalled. Thanks for the reply.