• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ1614 Cyan Inkline

tgrinds

Every week or two, my entire cyan line will stop printing on my VJ1614 forcing me to do a little charge. Unfortunately, a normal or strong clean doesn't bring it back. Then it will print fine for awhile until it happens again.

I have changed the maintenance kit, dampers, wiper, and have checked that the 2-way solenoid is fine. The head seems to cap fine and when I do a cleaning, I see ink go to through to the waste tank.

I'm guessing that I have a slight air leak, but if that was the case, wouldn't the ink fall back to the cartridge? I thought maybe the subtanks weren't filling correctly, but since the solenoid is working correctly and I don't get any error messages, I can't seem to find the fault.

Does any one have any suggestions of what would cause this? Or what I could further test?

Thanks in advance.

randya

I'm guessing that I have a slight air leak, but if that was the case, wouldn't the ink fall back to the cartridge? I thought maybe the subtanks weren't filling correctly, but since the solenoid is working correctly and I don't get any error messages, I can't seem to find the fault.

Most likely an air leak, could be an overtightened or damaged oring.
Could also be the nipple on the head (not at likely).

The cartridges are much higher than the subtanks, so it won't go there.
It can go back to the subtanks or just leak out into the cap and into the waste tank.

Can you see bubbles in your ink line?
Check near the connection points and look for air bubbles, could help you islolate where it is occuring.

tgrinds

Hi Randy,
Thanks for the reply. The next time it happens, I'll take a closer look. Unfortunately, it's intermittent so it's hard to diagnose.