• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vj1614 not printing to scale?!

EternalAudio

Help...

I'm not sure how long it's been like this, however I just noticed it...
Its not printing to proper scale.. But only "height" wise. Width prints are correct. Any idea why this might be happening?
Or how to fix?

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
You need to do the PF Adjustment. If you have never done the PF Adjustment then the printer probably has always been off scale. This adjustment compensates for how the media is feeding through the printer.

EternalAudio

You need to do the PF Adjustment. If you have never done the PF Adjustment then the printer probably has always been off scale. This adjustment compensates for how the media is feeding through the printer.

I do remember doing the PF adjustment, because it was banding otherwise... Was that the incorrect way to fix the banding issue?

J Hill Designs

incorrect.

if my PF is dead on to eliminate banding, but prints are coming out 1/32" long over 2 ft, I need to adjust the output size compensation.

Graphics2u

Yes, i see what you mean. And that is correct. I guess what I meant was the place to start is PF adjust and make sure it's correct before adjusting the compensation. On my 1614 if the PF is correct it'll be with in 1/16" over 8' and I can't complain about that.