• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ1618 Print Mode

tgrinds

How do you determine which head is firing on a VJ1618? I'm assuming that it's determined by the print mode you are printing from the rip.

The issue I am having is keeping the nozzles clear on one of the print heads (left one). Because I usually print Quality 2, Wave 1, I don't think I'm using them both which is causing the drop outs.

I figure that both heads would be firing regardless of print mode.

Any thoughts?

randya

How do you determine which head is firing on a VJ1618? I'm assuming that it's determined by the print mode you are printing from the rip.

The issue I am having is keeping the nozzles clear on one of the print heads (left one). Because I usually print Quality 2, Wave 1, I don't think I'm using them both which is causing the drop outs.

I figure that both heads would be firing regardless of print mode.

Any thoughts?

SuperfineA and SuperfineB effects probably should fire only one head.
All other 'wave' effects should fire both heads always.

tgrinds

Thanks for the info Randy. When I do a nozzle check, I'm missing the entire left head nozzles. But when I send a print through, I don't have any issues with quality on my print. Shouldn't I have severe banding? Just a thought.