• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ1638 - Fix or Replace?

Caleb Scherf

Hello,
I have 2 Mutoh 1638 printers - both around 5 years old. One of them it appears has a bad board. The other has had 1 head replaced, and the life times error just began on the other. At what point are people replacing their machine rather than fixing it, or are they getting plenty of life out of the repairs?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You should expect to get the same amount of time out of the new heads as you did from the current heads. As long as the machines are in good shape otherwise, you could get another 5 years out of them. The 1638's are great machines and hold up very well. On the other hand, the machines are at their most valuable as used machine right now. The longer you use them the less you will get for them on trade-in or sold used. As far as I have seen, bigger companies tend to replace their machines every 3-5 years. Smaller shops tend to go 5+.

unmateria

Hello,
I have 2 Mutoh 1638 printers - both around 5 years old. One of them it appears has a bad board. The other has had 1 head replaced, and the life times error just began on the other. At what point are people replacing their machine rather than fixing it, or are they getting plenty of life out of the repairs?
Life time errors on mutoh are extremely soft. You can expect another 5 years if u only had some life times notices in 5 years :) just curious, why do you say that there's a board problem with the other machine?

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6 mediante Tapatalk