• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vote for us!

Joe Diaz

Thanks everyone! :notworthy:
Done, you were at 17 b4 I voted. Congrats on your jumbo Corel award!

Have you posted videos from ussc show yet? I enjoyed ur class the last two years.

:clapping:
I haven't yet. I plan on editing them together and posting them during my Christmas-New Years break. Stay tuned. :thumb:

I voted as well. Your work is amazing. I wish I had a fraction of your patience and skill with Corel. I've been working in Corel for a couple months now and I LOVE it. After working in mostly Photoshop for over 8 years the change is refreshing and I never want to work in raster again.

I also watched the video link. Very cool video indeed. I look forward to seeing a part 2. I also enjoyed the walldogs video.

If you don't mind me asking, what software do you do your 3D renderings in? I would like to check out more about it. When I was a tattoo artist some of the best work was achieved when the subject was modeled and lit in 3D. The work of Guy Aitchison (hyperspacestudios.com) is a prime example of well referenced sculpted models, lit and photographed, then often Photoshop manipulated, then tattooed.

Keep up the great work. I am in the process of opening a sign/screenprinting shop 30 miles from you in Minonk. Your work is certainly inspiring to me and I hope to learn more about working with Corel Draw as my business grows.
I used poser for the 3d. Minonk huh. Minonk is like a second home to me. I spent a lot of time their as a kid when my grandparents were still alive. I still have a lot of family over there. If you run into a Kalkwarf, They are most likely a cousin, aunt or uncle.

Stop by some time if you're in the neighborhood.

The Crappy part is the one kid has the school behind him. That school is in the next town over. BIG school they have a north and south. We need to pull in all the votes for Joe. Any one can cut a pre-made logo. But what Joe makes is GOD DAM ART.
The online votes are important. Every month has a people's choice award that goes to the person with the highest number of online votes. But I would imagine it's possible to win the awards even if you lost the people's choice. The rest of the awards are judged by a panel of independent experts.

I like what you have done but will wait to vote.

Hopes for better entries so my vote is more honest.

Oh absolutely. That's totally cool with me. But just so you know, you are allowed to vote for more than one submission at any time. :thumb:

Hey Joe,

maybe send an email to your customers wishing them all happy holidays / happy new year, and tell them you are thankful for their business, and winning corel's worldwide contest and inviting them to vote for you in this one.
That's a good idea, although most of our Christmas/Holiday cards have been sent out already. But I don't think an extra email would hurt. Thanks for the tip!

signswi

Done, love the labels even though I'm not a fan of the poser girl. She looks good, I just don't like poser ;P. The rest of it is fantastic and great execution.

Joe Diaz

:goodpost:

I totally agree, this contest should be based purely on CREATIVE talent, not popularity, or solicitation.

:omg:
Hey vote for who ever you want. And of course you should vote for the work you like best. If you don't think ours deserves a vote, don't do it. But so you know, like I said earlier, you can also vote for more than one entry if you feel the need. I personally have gone through and voted for everyone I liked and the ones I don't like I didn't vote for. Seems pretty straight forward to me.

But I don't feel the slightest bit bad about "soliciting" or as I see it asking my friends at sigsn101 to take a look at our entry and vote for it if they like it. You would be crazy if you didn't think others were doing the same thing. The online voting part of this contest is essentially a popularity contest. It is called the "People's Choice Award" after all.

At the end of the day I'm assuming "CREATIVE talent" will play the most important role. Like I said, the main prizes will be judged by a panel of independent experts. If you look on the site, here is what they will be judging:

-Creativity: Overall creativity of the Exhibit (e.g., being original or imaginative in design).

-Innovation: Innovative use of Roland equipment (e.g., introducing a new application not typically associated with the Roland product utilized).

-Execution: Excellence in the execution or rendering of the Exhibit (i.e., an Exhibit that accomplishes the purpose for which it was made in an excellent way.)

So you do what you have to do.

Joe Diaz

Done, love the labels even though I'm not a fan of the poser girl. She looks good, I just don't like poser ;P. The rest of it is fantastic and great execution.

I only used Poser for a reference to illustrate her body over top of.. I used a photo of a model as a reference for her face. The entire thing is now a vector illustration. It's hard to see in the small photos though. Go to the link on youtube to see what I mean.

signswi

Cool :). Still has that certain "poser" feel that you can see from a mile away, way too burned out on it when everyone was making poser wallpapers with pirated software in the '90s. :p Maybe I would have preferred it more "flat" feeling and a bit beat up? IDK. Anyway great job, can't help myself this degree in criticism won't use itself.

Suz

And now you are at 84, cause I voted for you and Marcia Brady! :) Hey, I like beer too. Not too much and only once in a while.