• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vp-300 take up reel

SOA

I have one of these coming this week, I'm gonna install it myself as the tech said it was pretty easy. Couple things i want to know,

1) Anyone else installed one of these - if so, is easy?

2) How safe is it to leave leave the sucker printing over night?or should i always babysit it?

32bantum

I have one on my Falcon Outdoor. I did not install it but took it apart to transport it when I bought it. I have run 18 ft over night and have had no problems. Just make sure when you tape the print to the take up reel it is square from outfeed of the printer to the take up reel, otherwise it will not roll up straight. Also make sure you have the takeup switched to the correct direction for take up.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
I installed one on my VP 540. Anything I print over 6 or 8 feet goes on it. I can run many jobs if on the same material and just take it off when they're done. I've let half a wrap print overnight (5 8ft long peices) and as long as there is plenty of ink, material and it's on straight...you should have no problems. It's WELL WORTH IT. I use mine EVERYDAY.

Be sure to READ the install instructions - the screws fit for each side and if you get them mixed it's a tough way to install. The take-up is great, be sure to get the media loaded straight (Pull the center of the media to align, then lower the wheels). We have customers printing banners and vehicle wraps all night long unattended. You may want to place a fan directly in front of the take-up to help out-gassing and drying issues (if you have any) this seems to help quite a bit as you do NOT want the media to be tacky as it's rolled up. (Hint: Paper is slower drying than vinyl)

SOA

thanks for the info, i cant wait to start using it! i heard you can have it wind either way so i the face of the vinyl will roll onto the backing sheet so it wont stick togehter? Good idea with the fan tho, i'll probably do that!

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
thanks for the info, i cant wait to start using it! i heard you can have it wind either way so i the face of the vinyl will roll onto the backing sheet so it wont stick togehter? Good idea with the fan tho, i'll probably do that!

No matter what way you roll it...the face will always be against the back.
But the reverse takeup is for unwinding what's already rolled up. Not for taking up printed vinyl. The dancer bar doesn't work backwards...you'll see once you install it and use it.