• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP-540 & Banding

messmedia

Well, I had similar case half a year ago, but I learned that the media I was using back then (MacTac vinyl) was bad. Actually, it didnt respond very well on higher outer temperature. And, I also had it in red color only.

Now, what I saw from UR photos, problem is not seen in red-only color (0 100 100 0), it began when that red darkens. So, depending on design (did designer darken it with addition of cyan or black? - from Your photos it seems cyan is used, but i cant be sure) - if there is a hardware problem, it is with that color only (cyan or black). Weather its the heads or some other issue connected with that color.
Anyway, since You said the problem is seen on different media, it must be something with the printer.

However, a realy big mystery to me is - why it prints roland swatches correctly, and not regular cmyk?

One more thing (funny one though) - when You did feed calibration for that media, did You set up Versa Works to read printer value, not the default one? I kinda did not do that for a whole month not knowing it had to be set up ... Luckily, I was using vinyl mostly and difference in calibration values were little, so it did not produce any bad prints, but still, it can make banding ...