• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vp-540 Color Changed.

Alex C

Good Morning,

Guys im dealing with a problem with a VP-540 color Problem.. The same pdf was printed in October 2016 same media, same profile, same ink (Roland ECO-SOl Max) and now the colors are completely different.
Try the same pdf artwork on another VP-540 same ink, same media and same Profile the color is perfect... Different from the previous one..
What's going on here?

See test 1111 is from the VP-540 (color problem) See Nozzle test print.. Can the nozzle be the cause for the problem??

test 3-4 is from the VP-540 (color and print perfect)

Attachments

• Test 3-4.pdf
    993.6 KB · Views: 156
  • test111.pdf
    971.5 KB · Views: 197

printhog

Can the nozzle be the cause for the problem?

YES! about 20% of your cyan head isnt printing..your K is deflecting on a few, and nearly 70% of the yellow channel is gone. No chance of getting anything reliable out of that.

What you are showing are blocked heads and deflections. The cmyk strips in the test print should all be equal in height, and fully consistent in appearance from top to bottom with small equally spaced horizontal lines. Any defect you might see is either a blank section caused by jets that dont print from internal blockage, or ink deflections where the printed lines arent equally spaced in some parts, caused by dried ink accumulations on the jetting orifice.

id say your capping stations are leaking air and allowing the head to dry. i'd suspect the wipers are also bad and dirty. So the fix - replace the capping stations and wipers, clean the heads with a head cleaning solvent, (yes not advised but on bad head blocks like this the only way to go). Cleaning swabs soaked in solvent can be dabbed onto the head to wet the dried ink. Also physically clean the wipers with the proper cleaning cycle for them. using solvent get all the funk off. On my roland i clamp the cap station drain lines with hemostats, fill the cap stations with triangle head cleaning solution and let them soak for 3 hours. then unclamp the drains, run two full cleaning cycles...

but at least do 2-3 full clenaing cycles.

it'll likely resolve.

if you expect to make money with it, your printer should be maintained properly. what your showing is failure of proper maintenance procedures to protect your investment.

Alex C

You are right, i've observed the sequence properly and i do agree that the Print Head is not working as it should.. Will proceed with some parts replacement, surely will give you some news..

Thank you for your help..

Cheers,

Alex C

Hello team,

The problem has been solved. Replaced the cyan print head.
Printing as new...

Thank you for support..

yours,
Alex