• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP-540 Colors off...please help

stillhasdust

I have a VP-540 that does not print well. I printed out the test print of the guitar and 4 color boxes and my blacks are like a chocolate brown and my cyans are real washed out. Does any body know what this can be??

p.s I have used FDC 7242, Arlon 4560GTX, and a big foot banner to test and they all come out the same....

:thankyou::signs101:

grafixemporium

Did you run a test print to make sure all the guns are firing? If a portion of the guns in any head are clogged, all your colors will be off.

Numlokz

Did you run a test print to make sure all the guns are firing? If a portion of the guns in any head are clogged, all your colors will be off.

^__ Grafixempourim is right- Clean you VP-540, sounds like the heads are clogged bad.

+2 Profiles. I can't convince my boss enough to let my purchase better material that actual has profiles.

If you don't have the profiles you are going to want to use the gernerice settings (I use Versa Works) and you will have to play around with the settings until you find what prints correctly. Good Luck

ScottB

I'm running into the same problem. I've contacted my regional Roland Tech and was given the following advice:

"In photoshop draw a gradiant from black to white. Under Image>Mode change the file to grayscale save it as a eps and print it in versaworks. IF it prints perfect then you know the profile you are using in versaworks is fine and the issue is the color management on the front end. IF it prints with a hue or cast to it then the issue is in the color setting in VW."

My result is a reddish/brown hue between the solid black and solid white portions of the gradient. So I've medium cleaned, normal cleaned, checked for drop outs, and shot through about 6 feet of vinyl. The sample image of the guitar looks good to me when printed. I've used two different profiles (GCVP & PGCT) with the same hue result.

What's the next step?

HELP!
Thanks!