• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP 540 Cut configuration less than 30 ?

ronl1975

Is there anyway I can make the force of the cut less than 30 on a Roland VP 540 ? Cutting printed letters out of heat transfer and 30 grams of force is too much. Thoughts ?

HulkSmash

Is there anyway I can make the force of the cut less than 30 on a Roland VP 540 ? Cutting printed letters out of heat transfer and 30 grams of force is too much. Thoughts ?

should be under options for force. The only thing your going to be cutting at 30 force is vehicle graphic with lam. All other di cut vinyls you should stick around 18-20 (assuming your using good quality vinyl.)

ronl1975

Really. do you have a VP540 ? I go to cut config and press the down button. 30 is defiantly the lowest.

HulkSmash

oh wait. That's the printer/cutter combo in one. ewwwwwwwww
In my experience never buy one that does both. if the machine goes down... you lose 2 parts of a shop.

Sorry i can't help more

ronl1975

Its ok. Thanks. My Roland has been great to me. Now if I can just figure out how to get past this issue.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
What deg* blade?
Are you sending the cut pressure from your software or the printer?
Check your blade height and turn your heaters off.

ronl1975

Mike,
45 degree blade. Cut pressure is set on the printer. 30 is the lowest both goes (printer and Versaworks)...

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Set a 10 minute dry time in VersaWorks before cutting and turn the printer heaters off so the material cools down.

ronl1975

Mike,
I put a small white border around the lettering and that seems to work. Thank you for your input !

Skye

We cut this material often. If you need not to cut too deep you can always adjust the blade holder.
Skye

ProColorGraphics

I have the blade holder so that it is not seated all of the way down in the clamp. This makes it sit a little higher and therefore makes it have less cutting pressure. Takes a few tests, but it worked.