• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vp-540 cutting question

82R909

When printing and cutting... it seems like when its cutting words out it doesnt finish the cuts completly and its like peeling up the letters as its cutting... the letters are about 1/2" big.. any1 have any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks in Advanced

PC Signs

Cutting

It may be caused by intermediate vinyl, cut with the heaters on, the vinyl will try to return to its original size. Please add more info on the material and printer settings.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
You most likely need a new blade.
Make sure your using the correct offset and blade depth.

If it's not cutting on the left side - add .025mm to the EPS setting in your Versaworks - This gives the cutline room to cut if the print and cut are on the very edge of the page. Standard setup when installing Versaworks.

82R909

Thanks for the Help... I had replaced the blade like 2 weeks ago it never crossed my mind but it was the blad dull blade =/ no good.