• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP-540 Cyan print head wacky in a bad way

Rednapew

I am not sure if I put the jpg into this post correctly... hmmm... anywho my Cyan print head is out putting alot of ink the picture is of two print tests inline at different base points... the cyan print head out put ink all the way to the second print test (the 2nd is inline with the first to the middle of the media)... however it only did it with the first pass as you can see... the blue/cyan ink is only extended on the one side... not sure if it output the ink on the way out to the 2nd base point print test or on the way back... however the cyan print test area looks horrible no clear separation in the color... the rest of the printheads are okay (yellow needs some cleaning, but it is not worrying me)

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 161

RMMTech

I have seen this problem a few times. Each time it turns out to be the head in my case (had to replace head). It is caused by an electrical issue somewhere on the head electronics. Sometime people drop ink on the head or soak the head and it is not dry. This most likely causes a short somewhere on the head.

You can verify it is the head by swapping cables from one head to the next (with the machine unplugged and discharged), then turn the machine on and do a test print. If the same thing occurs you know it is head related.
Be careful when swapping cables and not to mess up the ends of the cable. Also if you pull the cable check the ends and make sure they are straight and in good condition. If you see one that is pulled up I would not attempt to put it back in until you replace it. If it shorts to the wire next to it the head could blow, or your fuses, or worse. (Didn't mean to scare you but...)