• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP-540 Feed Motor Error Code 0001... ugh!

signguy37

We use quality materials!
After exactly one year and one week of virtually trouble free hardware issues with my new VP-540, I've hit a snag today. It was printing along just fine and half way through the print, the vinyl stopped feeding through the machine and when I came back in the print room, ink was running down the surface of the print because it kept printing over and over the same 1" by the entire length of the print. I thought it was a freak occurence, so I re-booted everything and tried it again, and it did the same thing. I'm using Versa Works and figured maybe it was a software issue so I tried printing from FlexiSIGN Pro (only was able to do that for the first time earlier this week, but the color was poor without the proper ICC Profiles... I don't know how to load all of that stuff!) Well, it printed OK in Flexi the first time, but the second time I went to PRINT only instead of PRINT AND CUT, and it printed terribly dark... go figure?

I uninstalled Versa Works, re-installed it, got the new updates installed and went to print and it's giving me this feed motor error code. If you go to skew the vinyl in or out, occasionally it will work, but for the most part, it just says "now processing" and it won't move. The printhead will move left and right, but no vinyl in or out. Any ideas? My local supplier who I bought the unit from is on vacation starting today and into next week... he has helped me initially with idea of re-installing software after he called Roland, but I'm here late tonight to try and get to the bottom of this... I need my printer up and running! Hopefully, he'll be nice enough to call me from home tomorrow while he is on vacation so I can get back up and running. Anyone else ever hear of this? First real glitch, and it's a.... bummer.

Thanks!

Kurt

David S

Some VP-540s have had problems with ribbon cables starting to slip out of their connections. Since your problem seems intermittent, it could be a loose cable. Unplug the machine before doing anything. Also, expose the feed motor and see if it is actually turning or not. Is something slipping that just needs to be tightened? I don't think that software is the issue.

signguy37

We use quality materials!
As it turns out, the firmware was re-loaded and it did not fix the problem. A new motor was installed as well as adjusting some thing-a-ma-jiggy on the left side that looked like a clear CD that is some sort of encoder... it was off center a bit and after these two items were replaced/fixed, all seems to be well again.