• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vp-540 head issue

jr_t1t

Obviously the black print head needs replaced, but whats up with the cyan? Fixable or should i replace it to?

Attachments

• 20180305_203546.jpg
    20180305_203546.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 145

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
whenever I see damaged lined up like that across more than one head, I suspect a head strike. Take a look at the bottom of the head and see if you can see any physical damage.
Have you replaced the captops? I would do that before replacing a head. Also, make sure that it is level in the capping station and the back end isn't caught under anything.

jr_t1t

Thank you for the response. I have new dampers/captops/wipers on the way. I will change those things out and look over the head while I'm replacing the black head. Anything in particular I should look out for that would make the head unrecoverable?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Anything in particular I should look out for that would make the head unrecoverable?

If you see any physical damage on the bottom of the head, such as gashes, scrapes or dents, it is likely unrecoverable. It's not 100% but it is close. Small scratches are not always a clear sign but it is the sign of an older head. Also, as a last resort you can flush the head with a syringe and cleaning solution and if it still doesn't recover that is pretty much the last step before getting a new one.

Terry01

Three nozzles are blocked on the front end your cyan head. Requires a manual suck with a syringe on the front only where those nozzles show in the test print

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
Three nozzles are blocked on the front end your cyan head.
I see way more than 3 missing nozzles and they appear to be at the back of the head.

Requires a manual suck with a syringe on the front only
Can you share how you syringe a local area of the print head like the front or back? I've only just done it through the cap top which pulls all the nozzles equally.

Terry01

I see way more than 3 missing nozzles and they appear to be at the back of the head.

Can you share how you syringe a local area of the print head like the front or back? I've only just done it through the cap top which pulls all the nozzles equally.

I do it using hospital grade surgical tube an suck directly on the affected area.. The silicon tube is softer than other commercial grades and doesn't damage the heads in any way.
Its softer than the wiper that wipes that head thousands of times in its lifetime

Count the missing line vertically in one row..remember the printhead is firing 4 times to make the test pattern on each pass

Last edited:

jr_t1t

you guys got any tips for pumping ink up? Replaced heads and dampers on blue/black but cant get the ink to pump up.