Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vp-540 ink

Discussion in 'Roland' started by signrios, Dec 20, 2008.

1. signrios

signrios Active Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Rio Grande Valley
    quick question, i'm cleaning my vp before heading on vacation,(leaving monday) i'm done cleaning it and did a test print when the out of ink message came out, looks like i'm out of magneta!! and don't have any around.
    i checked the display panel and it shows 1 line.

my question is will it hurt the machine not having a full ink cartridge when doing the periodic self-cleanings?
    i've some cleaning liquid cartridges, will it do more damage than good if i insert one into the magneta slot?

thanks

Tags:
  2. CS-SignSupply

CS-SignSupply Very Active Member

Based on other brand experiences, I would recommend inserting the Cleaning cart so the line has no air in it to possibly dry up at all.

Cleaning fluid will not damage anything.

Just a suggestion.

3. signrios

signrios Active Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Rio Grande Valley
    so i would just insert the cleaning fluid and then replace it with a new one once i get it?
    any flushing has to be performed afterwards?
    thanks

4. CS-SignSupply

I would recommend inserting cleaning cart and letting it go.

Once you get back, replace the cleaning cart with new ink cart and run a few cleans to pull the cleaning fluid out.

Will waste a bit of ink but may be the safer approach

5. signrios

signrios Active Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Rio Grande Valley
    thanks cibersupply,
    i think this is what i'm gonna do.
    i guess after getting new ink i can buy a serenge and bleed just the magneta line, is this possible?

6. CS-SignSupply

Sure it is... and a good idea to save you the ink.