• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP-540 Installed new pump, one side is still not working

drocks

I replaced the pump in the machine but one side is still not pulling ink to the waste container. That means I have 2 heads that aren't getting cleaned properly since they are attached to the same side of the pump. I have a great flow of ink below the captops so its not a starvation issue. Does anyone know what can cause this?

More than likely, you have a blockage in the somewhere in the line. The VP uses Y-splitters and because of this, a blockage will sometimes affect two colors. I would sat it is time to get a syringe loaded with cleaning solution and use it to unclog the lines below the cap tops down to the waste bottle.

CS-SignSupply

Our experience has been a clog in the exit line from the pump to the drain bottle, most cases. Replacing the tubing is a good option.