• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP-540 Magenta "text print" blocks all over the place

solantis

I get these random magenta marks on most of my prints and they seem to be getting worst. They look like a long line of a test print (i.e. fine magenta lines).

Its happening from two different computers so i'm sure its not software related. Anyone else experience this or know what could be causing the issue?

Attachments

• IMG_20200128_091507.jpg
    IMG_20200128_091507.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_20200128_091511.jpg
    IMG_20200128_091511.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_20200128_092358.jpg
    IMG_20200128_092358.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 260

player

I have a VP540i and it needed a new mainboard. I don't think the VPs are very well made, judging by my experience. I changed out all the cables first.

autoexebat

A lot of people seem to mention this Encoder Cable , I actually just cleaned mine 2 days ago but I never found that to actually FIX a problem .

solantis

The issue returned two days later so i bought a new encoder strip (i think that was overdue, had this one for 5 years) and a new encoder sensor and the problem is still there :(

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
This is an electrical short. Either a cable is not plugged in properly, is damaged, is dirty, and/or the head is damaged electronically or dirty. I've seen it so many times in my career I have no doubt that is what is going on. Usually I start by changing the head cables and clean the terminals they plug into. I usually air dust the terminal, then clean with 90% alcohol and air dust again. Let dry and then plug in the new cables. If that doesn't fix it, it's either another cable deeper in the machine, the head is bad or another circuit board is bad. Make sure you work with the machine unplugged and wait 15 minutes after unplugging so you don't pop a fuse.

player

I thought it solved it too when I changed out all the cables. But it came back. After replacing the 8 short head cables and the 3 or 4 long carriage cables and the keypad cable I changed the mainboard and it fixed it. So far. Fingers are crossed.