• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP-540 No ink on Magenta head

TonyCooke254

Ive replaced cap top, used syringe below at cap top line end. Get good pressure but no ink. Ive soaked it in the cap top with cleaning solution over night. Damper has ink in it and have used syringe on the lines coming into the damper and get good flow there. have manually cleaned heads and done powerful clean but still no ink at all on magenta head. Any ideas as to what to try next would be appreciated.

GTSTech_1

If you can pull cleaning solution thru the captop (move the print carriage to the left), and can pull ink from the damper, but can not pull when print carriage is in its' home position, then more than likely the head itself is clogged.

Just my .02

TonyCooke254

If you can pull cleaning solution thru the captop (move the print carriage to the left), and can pull ink from the damper, but can not pull when print carriage is in its' home position, then more than likely the head itself is clogged.

Just my .02
ya i tried what you said and i can do that so i guess the head must be clogged. is there a way to unglog this head other then a solution in the cap top method?

GTSTech_1

Your really at the end of the rope.....You could try to pull or push cleaning solution thru the head itself. Doing the soaking via solution in the captop is probably best route to go. Pending how much time you have, I had a XC given to me that had been sitting unplugged for over a year, and I was able to recover 5 of the 6 heads....but took over 6 months.

Just my .02