• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP-540 Off Color?

ScottB

I'm trying to print a nice Navy Blue color, (ST21-J, ST21-K, ST22-J, ST22-K, ST24-K, PR24-K, PR25-K, & PR26K in Roland Color System Library) and I manage to get different shades of purple, not blue.
So, I'm printing using GCVP, High Quality, 1440x720 dpi, CMYK (v) W-PASS, Halftone Dither, Interpolation Nearest Neighbor, Bidirection, Color Management Preset Pre-Press US, on Oracal 3165GRA using VersaWorks. I'm good on all levels of ink. The color test print looks normal.
I've gone as far as creating a new file in Illustrator to print sample color squares (with color names) to avoid any trapped ICC profiles in the original graphic file.
I've even resorted to printing samples from the Pantone CMYK Uncoated color profile (P100 through P117) and managed to get a slightly better looking blue, but not dark enough.
I have the BIG print out of the Roland Color System Library on my wall for reference. Everything I see that would be a great possibility, turns out.... You guessed it, Purple.
At this point, I'm thinking my printer has a problem or I'm color blind.

I appreciate your sage advice in advance!

HELP!!!!
Thanks!

When you are wanting to print Roland Color System (RCS) colors, or Pantone colors, it is critically important that you set-up your Queue default settings properly. If you do not, there is no linkage and no color replacement that will occur. Here are the steps:

1. Edit Menu > Queue A/B Settings > File Format Tab. On this screen, enable the checkboxes for 'Convert Spot Color' as well as 'Convert Special Color', and make sure that the Matching Method listbox is set to 'Colorimetric'.
2. Build a file in the vector design tool of your preference, and fill the desired objects with Roland RCS colors. Bring the resulting EPS or PDF file into Versaworks.
3. Open the Job Settings dialog, go to the File Format tab, and see if the RCS colors are appearing in the field labeled Spot Colors - they should appear there if the color names are being recognized by the RIP.
4. You should be able to see the output build value that the printer will use to output the color in the same area.

The entire point of the RCS colors is the ability to produce them on demand. This is provided that the chart has already been previously printed on the same media. The system works well, but I know of relatively few users who go to the trouble of pre-printing the charts on each of their different medias in advance, but that is how it is intended to be used.

Attachments

• VW Queue Settings.jpg
    VW Queue Settings.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 151

ScottB

Sometimes its the littlest things that can stump you.

I followed the above instructions, and now my blues are blues!

Thank You for the post! I'm back up and running!

player

Yes thank you! I was trying to hit yellows and the pantone and Roland was way off. Now I will be able to get what I should.

:peace!::rock-n-roll::smile::cool1::thankyou::goodpost::U Rock::thumb::bushmill::notworthy::toasting::clapping::Canada 2::beer