• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP-540 print quality printhead replacement advice HELP!!!

sydster

Hi Guys,

I'm having quality issues,

1. Banding/white gaps on CYAN
2. Banding/white gaps and over spray on Black

I have purchased 1 new printhead but not sure which to replace, Cyan or Black, does on look better than the other? Can one be recovered to better state?

thanks in advance

printhead.jpg
also would anyone have a link for service manual or any instructions for head replacement.

Attachments

• IMG_2873.jpg
    IMG_2873.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 83

kanini

The black. Both seem to have deflected nozzles but the cyan nozzles seem to be still aligning quite well horizontally (on the pic) while the black seem to have more of a "wave" in the upmost row. Just a stab at it, both seem to need some work (or replacement) at least, I assume you have tried head soaks?
Another point to consider is that if you print for example black text or something you usually see banding quite fast if you have a bad black head, but the color heads are more forgiving. Just my .02 here... Good luck!

kanini

It's not a function in the machine, you manually fill the capping station with cleaning fluid and let the heads soak for a while, the process is described on this site in some threads... The head soak could improve the pattern a bit but it looks like you've had a head strike at some point?

Last edited: