• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP-540 Printhead Streaking Lines

graphicsphere

I purchased a DX2 printhead for my Roland VP-540 less than a month ago and prints streaking horizontal lines across the media for one of the colors (the black printhead). I have attached a picture showing the streaking horizontal lines that happen during printing. I also replaced the head cables to see if it was that but the black Printhead still has streaking horizontal lines. I’ve seen another post somewhere that someone was having the same issue and they said it was static electricity causing it. Another thing I’m noticing that doesn’t look normal is with the black cap top in the capping station seems to have more ink in it after cleanings than the other cap tops. Do you think it could be uneven pressure build up from the black cartridge all the way to the damper into the head and down through the cap top and into the pump line? Or how do you think I can try to find the problem if it is static electricity on my black printhead?

Attachments

• B15E64DB-13C2-422E-B0B0-A2B00017B4AC.jpeg
    B15E64DB-13C2-422E-B0B0-A2B00017B4AC.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 419

Terry01

DX4 heads by the way..That problem is usually caused by the cables as you say..Make sure all the cables, pins and connectors are clean and undamaged.

graphicsphere

Thank you the ribbon cables weren’t aligned properly. I removed all ribbon cables from Black Printhead, Carriage Board, Servo Board and Mainboard and aligned all of them very carefully and the “block printing” stopped and is printing normal again.