• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vp-540 printing wrong color

proline51

hi there, i just got finished cleaning (manual) my printer, as i was just called for a banner that needs to be done monday morning. so, as soon as i was done cleaning i loaded the banner material, and started to print. this banner has alot of green lettering on it, so it started printing the green just perfect for the first few inches and then faded to straight cyan, i tried to send and old file with green on it and same thing straight blue. i have tried searching the forum, as i believe there was a post similar to this, but have not found it yet, and i am starting to sweat! oh , and it shows that there is ink in all cartridges.

thanks for all or any help!:help

Last edited:

Mainframe

Sounds like yellow is not working, I don't know what to do about it, but I would try a couple of medium cleans & shut it down & restart it & pull the yellow cartridge out & put it back in, also make sure your cartridge is pushed all the way in. good luck

proline51

well mainframe, that did the trick! thank you very much. this is a fairly new machine, and we are just a small business. and i thought i was warned about doing the stronger cleans (can't remember the reasons) as it was not good for the machine to do too many of them.

Mainframe

Your welcome, Glad I could help! Print on! I printed 11 banners with my 540 yesterday by the way, gotta love it!

scuba_steve2699

a strong clean will purge the ink in the head, the dampers and the volume all the way back to the print cartridge. If nothing else, it is wasteful and not necessary to get a good head cleaning.

If you need to do a Power Clean you should call your tech, usually Power Clean will NOT cure your issue(s)....and it uses a LOT of ink! I would rather sell you the ink for completed printed jobs...not for (sometimes) useless power cleans.