• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vp-540 Scan Motor Error HELP!

one65chevy

Ok here is the deal. I have a Roland vp540 and it's been great for over a year and a half but as my warranty is coming up it throws a scan motor error (0040). Heres the kicker--It only throws the error when it's doing the crop marks for a print/lam/cut on the rear crop marks. So I waste all of that material when the back crop marks throw the error. If it does it on a regular print job it will throw the error right after finishing the job. The carriage always stops at the far left on the return. So far my rep has tried without success to locate the problem and now they are saying "I don't know". OK what the hell am I supposed to do with that. An answer like that doesn't pay the bills. Roland has been trying to help but no success. I've had this problem since before march and I'm losing material cost and business. Is there anyone that could please shed some light? The motor has already been replaced, the pulley and belt too, and we also put in the metal sheeth to keep the lines from kinking. Has anyone heard of this--Thanks in advance--Screwed with a lemon in SoCal

InkjetAuction

Thoughts...

Hmmm...if you are just coming up on the end of your warranty, then you must have gotten one of the first machines to be released in the US.

A couple of thoughts....

Did you update the firmware to 3.1 which addresses the 0040 scan motor error? Updated firmware is here:
http://support.rolanddga.com/docs/D...cal Services/Technical Download/VPFirm310.exe

If that doesn't work, the tech replace the servo board. If you still see issues, have them replace the main board (have them bring both with them). If that doesn't work, ask that your regional Roland Field Engineer get involved.

Keep in mind that Roland is always happy to send whatever parts the field tech needs to keep a machine under warranty running. I have never had a part been denied to me.

Just some thoughts...

~Ernie

Push the dealer/tech to

< External factors >
1. Media Jamming
2. Carriage is moved by hands.
3. Carriage runs into a thing/hand.
4. Media is stuck because it is caught by the paper pipe.
5. Media is pulled forcedly.
6. Loaded Media is too heavy.
< Machine factors >
1. The grease lubrication of the motor gear is not enough.
2. Motor is broken/Life.
3. Servo Board is broken.
4. Tool Carriage fixation to the belt is loose

cardfan4342

Have had the exact issues. Changed motor, board, tightened belt. Installed a new firmware release yesterday that is supposed to remedy the problem by lowering some voltage.

Snuff

Ever fix the problem?

I recently encountered the same problem, while printing registration marks, mine also locked in the left position and threw the 0040 error. I did not lose my material since it stopped on the last set of marks. Did you ever find out what the problem was, and did you ever get it fixed? I contacted the folks who I bought mine from as soon as it happened, and they just said reset the machine. It works, but I have not tried printing anything with registration marks since then. Maybe I'll try today.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Ok here is the deal. I have a Roland vp540 and it's been great for over a year and a half but as my warranty is coming up it throws a scan motor error (0040). Heres the kicker--It only throws the error when it's doing the crop marks for a print/lam/cut on the rear crop marks. So I waste all of that material when the back crop marks throw the error. If it does it on a regular print job it will throw the error right after finishing the job. The carriage always stops at the far left on the return. So far my rep has tried without success to locate the problem and now they are saying "I don't know". OK what the hell am I supposed to do with that. An answer like that doesn't pay the bills. Roland has been trying to help but no success. I've had this problem since before march and I'm losing material cost and business. Is there anyone that could please shed some light? The motor has already been replaced, the pulley and belt too, and we also put in the metal sheeth to keep the lines from kinking. Has anyone heard of this--Thanks in advance--Screwed with a lemon in SoCal

EXACT same thing happening to me. Same time frame, same crop problems. Only this morning...it happened on the front crop marks. SO not much wasted material. When it's happened on the back ones...I'm still able to cut after..cause they are pretty much done. All updates are done.