Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VP-540 w/ max ink users...what's your fav materials?

Discussion in 'Roland' started by B Snyder, Jan 9, 2008.

1. B Snyder

B Snyder Very Active Member

Jan 25, 2004
    I just got my VP-540 and I'd like to put together a list of some materials to put into inventory. I'll be using the OEM inks and printing from VersaWorks. I'd like to get an idea of what materials you guys have had the most success printing on and what materials you'd never order again.

I'm looking to stock the following...
    - 13oz matte and gloss banner material
    - Calendered with permanent adhesive (matte? glossy? both?)
    - Cast, glossy with permanent adhesive - not for wraps
    - Cast, glossy with permanent adhesive - for wraps

Seems like every brand's cast vinyl has some sort of ControlTac type of adhesive system. Does anyone make an eco-sol printable cast vinyl that is just like "regular" cast vinyl (i.e. 3M 7125, Oracal 751)?

Thanks!

Tags:
  2. Columbia Signs

Columbia Signs Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Most of my suppliers carry everything in stock so I do not have to inventory lots of material. Just pick up the phone and they have it to me the same day. If I'm in a big hurry, I'll drive over and pick it up myself.

3. B Snyder

Jan 25, 2004
    Thanks Cody. I'm in NJ where I can get anything, anytime too.

I'd like to get an idea of what materials you guys have had the most success printing on and what materials you'd never order again.

I'm looking to stock the following...
    - 13oz matte and gloss banner material
    - Calendered with permanent adhesive (matte? glossy? both?)
    - Cast, glossy with permanent adhesive - not for wraps
    - Cast, glossy with permanent adhesive - for wraps

Seems like every brand's cast vinyl has some sort of ControlTac type of adhesive system. Does anyone make an eco-sol printable cast vinyl that is just like "regular" cast vinyl (i.e. 3M 7125, Oracal 751)?

:thankyou:

4. B Snyder

Jan 25, 2004
    No recommendations? :help:

5. WYLDGFI

WYLDGFI Merchant Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Linden, NJ
    Give N-Glantz a call. I deal with them for all my solvent media. LMK..I can have my sales guy call you if youre interested.