• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP 540 Wipe Cover causing motor error

pixel_pusher

My VP 540 has been having some problems with the wiper assembly. There is a flimsy metal cover in front of the wipers that seems to get shifted out of place during cleaning. It sometimes sticks up high enough to cause a motor error when the print carriage gets hung on it.

There are slots in the left side of this cover, but when I slide them in to the tabs they seem to go in, the whole thing sits too high. If I release it from the slots and bend the whole cover down, it stays out of the way, until the next cleaning.

Any of you guys have this problem? Does this warrant a service call?

CS-SignSupply

Ran into this with an SC-540 as well and simply removed the cover... Kept it but removed.

If you are getting a motor error, that would be covered under warranty more than likely... depends on how flexible your dealer is.

Have them come diagnose the issue for you... so they can put it on the warranty claim that they figured it out.

pixel_pusher

So, removing the cover didn't cause you any problems? That's the route I'm considering, because it doesn't seem to serve much of a purpose.

GSGservice

The covers are a pita but they do help keep ink in place from the wipers as the come past the scraper basically you just got to adjust (tech term for bend) it into place.

cdiesel

If you run without it, the wipers will fling ink towards the front cover and the forward part of the bottom of the carriage. Not a huge deal, especially if it solves your error. You can always bend it back down so it doesn't hit the carriage.