• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP-540 won't print, please advise.

proline51

i have a vp-540, that was working just fine, and yesterday when i went to print a new file it would rip and then say it was ready to print, the print bar goes blue but does not count down and the gears in the monitor in the top left corner are turning, so i try a file that i just printed the day before and the same thing. nothing has changed that i know of. firm ware version 3.80, any ideas or suggestions.

thank you in advance and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

lodcomm

Couple questions:

- I'm sure you've tried - but both the computer has been rebooted and the printer power cycled?

- how is the printer connected to the computer? Parallel Direct cable? LAN, Print server? - check all of the connections on both ends of the cabling.

- Assuming there are no wiring issues: does the printer acknowledge anything? - does the busy light flash? anything at all to lead you to believe that the printer is receiving any data?

Your most likely culprit is a wiring issue..

proline51

not real good with the computer lingo, but it is connected via cables from the router to the printer and i am working off wireless on the laptop. it appears to not be receiving info from the computer, but the internet is working fine (obviously lol). just going to reboot the computer now and see what happens.

thank you.

proline51

well the reboot on the computer did it, thank you so much! i have never had to do it that way before, so live and learn.

Have a Good Day!