• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP-540i and Signlab

HighlandSigns

I've had issues before with light blues, trying to print something again 3 days later and it couldn't print the same blue. I never did solve that problem.

This time I flat out can't print a proper light blue without it having vertical lines in it. I've tried Signlab direct, and versaworks, the shade is a bit different but the lines are still there. Other colours and dark blues are fine.

I realize a VP540i isn't the best printer for oranges and light blues, but it was always better than this.

Does anyone have and idea about this? Thanks

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Post a nozzle check. if you're only seeing it in light blues, the cyan head is probably missing some nozzles. Darker colors can hide missing nozzles a lot better than light colors.

HighlandSigns

Well there's the problem. I'm working away so I need to coach my wife with this. A power clean didn't help much. I don't know what to do with this. It was perfect last month and we've never let it sit at all. The other colours are perfect.....

Attachments

• 89B5AA09-086F-4A35-A8A0-AA6AF7FCBF72.jpeg
    89B5AA09-086F-4A35-A8A0-AA6AF7FCBF72.jpeg
    112.4 KB · Views: 74
  • 4F580B1A-D1B9-470F-9217-81F0307093EC.jpeg
    4F580B1A-D1B9-470F-9217-81F0307093EC.jpeg
    402.8 KB · Views: 85

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You probably just need a new cap top and make sure the waste tubes are free of clogs. It also looks like you could use a little clean up under the head. You just want to clean up any ink build up around the perimeter of the head surface so it can make a good seal with the cap top. Avoid the nozzles in the middle but it's not the end of the world if you accidentally swipe over them a couple times. You just need to get the surrounding areas clean.

garyroy

I run (2 )VP-540i's. Based on the nozzle check you printed I'm surprised your getting any blues to print.
It;s always best to print with all nozzles firing, and along with that, if you have the correct profile you can actually get some excellent colors with the
VP-540i.
I ran for about a year with a 20 black nozzles missing. I put up with it.
I finally had the print head replaced, and man the printing was phenomenal again. Really black Blacks.
Not saying you need a new head but constant printing is the name of the game.
I should not have put up with missing nozzles!!

Regular maintenance cleanings also help a lot. They should be done at least twice a month, once a week is better for sure.
It also keep the little wispy splatters from happening.

HighlandSigns

Technician says I just need a new set of caps and seals, and the head should be okay. It just won't suck the ink through the head because it's not sealing. I should have my parts tomorrow midday. Test prints were fine just a week ago! I'm hoping the print head is okay, technician says there's nothing to worry about