• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help VP-540i cut is off & inconsistent

Biggermens

Hello

I have a VP-540i and its been working perfect, the other day i printed and cut a pretty long job 8 feet or so
printed perfect, laminated the job, put back in the printer it finds all the crop marks no problem and when it starts to cut, it is off in all directions and is inconsistent

This is what i have done
I adjusted crop-cut & Print / Cut Position
Adjusted crop mark sensor voltage
Cleaned both encoders
I replaced all the pinch rollers, with conical on the outside ( with the dot on the outside ) and flat in the center
I added as much pressure as i can on the pinch rollers ( Anyone know if there are any specs for that ?? )

Added pressure seams to help a bit, but did not fix the problem
I am using 3M IJ35

am i asking for to much ???
I also have a 16 foot decal to print and cut, worried how that will go

Thanks
Biggs

zsa

Sticker
You probably use a CIS that has expired or empty chips.
You should check the ink carts maybe they are “empty” on the chip side.
At least take out and reinsert the carts, but better put at least one new cart/chip inside and try a smaller print.
If you use orriginal inks, and your carts are fresh, than else

player

You probably use a CIS that has expired or empty chips.
You should check the ink carts maybe they are “empty” on the chip side.
At least take out and reinsert the carts, but better put at least one new cart/chip inside and try a smaller print.
If you use orriginal inks, and your carts are fresh, than else
I don't understand this answer.

Biggermens

What dose OP stand for ??
I have no idea what he was saying, a bit confusing
Anyways i think i fixed my problem, I noticed that the wheels in the pinch rollers were kinda sloppy, move from side to side
so i added a extra washer, now they are pretty tight, hardly no movement
and i also did the Limit Initialization, not sure if that helped but seams to be working pretty good now

Thanks everyone
Biggs

woolly

OP original post

think the vp has environment check in the menu which is what is required every so often to keep the relationship between the the head and cutter encoders think the limit initialization is the long way round it but does the same and a few other bits. always best to do a environment check first then do the both cut adjustments, should only need a environment check every couple of months to keep it all good.

player

OP original post

think the vp has environment check in the menu which is what is required every so often to keep the relationship between the the head and cutter encoders think the limit initialization is the long way round it but does the same and a few other bits. always best to do a environment check first then do the both cut adjustments, should only need a environment check every couple of months to keep it all good.
VP540 does the check on it's own.

Goatshaver

Hello

I have a VP-540i and its been working perfect, the other day i printed and cut a pretty long job 8 feet or so
printed perfect, laminated the job, put back in the printer it finds all the crop marks no problem and when it starts to cut, it is off in all directions and is inconsistent

This is what i have done
Cleaned both encoders
I replaced all the pinch rollers, with conical on the outside ( with the dot on the outside ) and flat in the center
I added as much pressure as i can on the pinch rollers ( Anyone know if there are any specs for that ?? )

I am using 3M IJ35

Thanks
Biggs

How off are the cuts? 8ft I think is fairly long. I usually never print anything longer than I do the width if I'm doing a Print & Cut. Even then I still get variations in my SP540

Biggermens

I think the machine dose auto environment check
Its working pretty good now, I did one 16 feet decals and it cut pretty much perfect,
before i put the washers etc.. 6 to 8 feet print was off by well over 1/4 inch

zsa

Sticker
I don't understand this answer.
If you use 3rd party inks and cartridge setting is set to continue if empty, you can have this issue .
I know because I had this issue, is some kind of protection to nuy OEM inks.
You have to have at least 1 cartridge with up to date Chip inside, othervise your cutting goes out missaligned.
This is a fact.
Hope it’s more clear now.
Just try it out see if it works

zsa

Sticker
Hello

This is what i have done
Cleaned both encoders

I am using 3M IJ35

Thanks
Biggs
Original ink or 3rd party or CIS sistem?

Biggermens

In this machine i use 3rd party ink, never ones had a problem with it,
I re flash my own chips, every time i fill up a new cartage
After i added the washers problem was fixed

• Agree
Reactions: zsa