• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP-540i vs. VS-540i

dw76

Hello All,

I am in need of some new equipment. Currently using a Seiko 64s for printing but I need to upgrade and am considering the combination print/cut units. Initially looked in to the Roland VS-540i however I have an opportunity for a sweet deal on a VP-540i. After comparing specs the main difference I see is that the VS model can handle 7 or 8 ink configurations whereas the VP model is limited to CMYK. The Seiko uses 6 colors although I never call up the LM or LC inks for my jobs. With that said, will I regret buying a unit that can only handle the 4 colors? I don't expect to need the 7/8 option for the jobs I do but not sure if I'm going to notice a big difference in the quality of the colors since the Seiko does have use of all 6. As I said, I don't call them up but not sure if they are somehow infused into the prints and with them missing will my coloring be off? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Dw

CarNate69

4 and 6 color printing has been covered on this forum for years upon years...you may want to use the search function.