Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VP-540i waisting media at start, How to Fix ??

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Biggermens, May 21, 2019.

1. Biggermens

Biggermens Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Canada
    Hello everyone

I am just curious to see, i searched and could not find a answer
    At the beginning of each run ( i use CustonCut ) it waist about 3 inch of media
    I move the media back with the keys on the control pane to set base point then it stops
    it seams to me it has a set distance for that, on big jobs the waist can get up there

Anyone know how to change this set distance ???

Thanks

Tags:
  2. Only way to stop that advancement would be to cover the front sensor on the platen. The reason it advances is to help with the front edge curling that happens on most adhesive vinyls. Having it covered...aka vinyl not advancing would mean your at greater risk of a head strike/ crash and possibly doing damage to the printhead at the beginning of a print job. The idea of saving 3" of vinyl each job sounds like a great idea until you have to replace a printhead.

Just my .02

• Like Like x 2