• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion VP-540i What Damper would you run A or B ???

Biggermens

Hi there

Just curious see what people thing / opinion on what damper to use A or B
I have both and not sure what to use, I like A with the bigger filter but B looks more
OEM and had the double metallic thing inside

What do you think ???

Thanks
Biggs
Untitled-2.jpg

player

I looked at a new unused VP 540 damper I have here. It is more like B, except the metal doesn't connect the same way. The Roland has the metal as one connected piece, B looks to be two pieces. The other thing is the screen. I looked at mine under powerful magnification, and there is no pattern to the screen. It is very fine. I was told be a Roland tech once that the screen is the real thing that counts. It is the last protection your head has from chunks, even though they may be very very small. So if the screen is not as fine you run the risk of contaminants in the ink ruining the head.

Biggermens

I looked at a new unused VP 540 damper I have here. It is more like B, except the metal doesn't connect the same way. The Roland has the metal as one connected piece, B looks to be two pieces. The other thing is the screen. I looked at mine under powerful magnification, and there is no pattern to the screen. It is very fine. I was told be a Roland tech once that the screen is the real thing that counts. It is the last protection your head has from chunks, even though they may be very very small. So if the screen is not as fine you run the risk of contaminants in the ink ruining the head.

I looked at my A & B under magnification only 10X but almost seams like B is finer but i bet they are probably the same crap, but the rubber seal on B is smaller then A so that probably means a better seal
I have some inline filter right after the ink carriages
The DX4 print head has a filter in it too.

Untitled-3.jpg Untitled-4.jpg