• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP-540V EcoSolvent Printer/Cutter

Express Sign

Hi All

Just received a quote for the following and wanted to know if this looks like a good price.

Roland VP-540V EcoSolvent Printer/Cutter
Roland VersaWorks Rip Software
Full set inksCMYK
Dupont setup/training onsite
1 RL 54" Roland scrim banner
1 RL 54" Roland solvent glossy paper
1 RL 54 Roland glossy calenderd
Freight included
TOTAL SYSTEM PRICE $18,500.00

The SP -540 was quoted to us at $15,995.00 but I wondered if it was worth it for the extra $2,500 to get the VP-540V.

Comments appreciated.

-kris

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Is that from Martin ??

If so, he is by far the best and most honest guy on the East Coast selling these things. Very knowledgeable too. For Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York and some other areas close by.... he's the MAN !! :thumb: :thumb:

I'm sure you can't go wrong with either or. We have the SP 540V and love it. Don't know how the newer ones are operating.

jiarby

Our 64" Mutoh ValueJet-1604 is being installed tomorrow...
We paid $21.5 with Onyx RIP (PosterShop, I think)
60" 13oz Scrim Matte White
5mil glossy adhesive vinyl
Set of 220ml inks

$18.5 sounds like an ok number to me for a 54" printer

AllSquare Jason

Great price - and a great printer. (Show special /Demo pricing??)

The VP has the 2 year warranty......and the SP only has one. It would cost you around $2000 to extend the warranty to 2 years on the SP....

So I would say YES - the speed and upgrades are certainly worth the $500 more after looking at the cost of buying and warranty each unit for 2 years.

Last edited:

Express Sign

Gino

Yes that is a quote from Martin's crew. I used the advice you gave me before.

Allsquare

Thanks for the feedback, I figured the extra year on the warranty was worth the increase in price. Its a special show price from what I was told but who knows. I was not too sure we needed the extra speed but it cant hurt to have it.......

Express Sign

Gino

THe reason for the quote on the VP was because I was told it would be about a 3-4 week wait to get the SP model. They did not have any in stock at their warehouse. We need something pretty quick and turnaround on the VP is 3-5 days.

ChiknNutz

Sounds like you are needing this for an upcoming job...correct? If so, I would caution you to get some time PRACTICING on things, before going to press with real production work. That is, of course, unless you have some previous experience with similar machines, but I'd still want to have some practice anyway on THIS machine. You'll find that it's not just simple plug-n-play, but will take some getting used to and you WILL F*&^ some $h!t up before you are proficient with it...just like any NEW TOOL.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wait, what do you mean a show price.... a demo.... and you have to wait for it ?? It should be right there. You only have to wait for brand new machines.

I would not sacrifice anything for a few days [or a few weeks] wait. Farm out until the other one comes in, if need be. In fact, sometimes according to how close you are, some of these guys will do some time pressing prints for you.

One last piece of advice..... a long time ago, a top 'Roland' rep told me NEVER buy a demo, refurbished or E model machine.... no matter what the brand is. Keep that in mind. Doesn't matter what warranty you get. Do you want problems that maybe you could avoid ??

threeputt

The deal sounds good to me. (we have the SP-540V and love it) But don't expect that the rolls of material being included will be full width or full lenght. They're not. They're about 24" wide and maybe 10 yards in length.

Not a deal breaker, by any means. Just don't put a lot of stock in that aspect when evaluating this deal.

ChiknNutz

He did indicate that they were 54" rolls, though I concur that they are likely short rolls unless they have been very specific about it. Still, I've never used Roland media other than the piddly little samples they gave me...the stuff's way overpriced given that you can get very good quality Orajet media for far less.

Express Sign

Gino
Martin is giving us the upcoming show price for the Baltimore sign show in July. Thats what I meant by show price, from what I was told its not demo equipment. I will look to find out if its refurbished or E model machine though now that you mentioned that.

Thanks

Express Sign

You'll find that it's not just simple plug-n-play, but will take some getting used to and you WILL F*&^ some $h!t up before you are proficient with it...just like any NEW TOOL.

Thanks for the advice, I expect there to be a learning curve for sure, our graphic designer has used the Roland printers before so he has some idea of it. What will really help is the Tech we are getting is very educated on this equipment and will make sure we are up an running with the equipment.

:thankyou:

Express Sign

i just got my registration papers a few days ago for that show... itll be my first attended trade show!

You will enjoy it, unfortnatley we will be away or we would be headed back down there. We went last year and its really interesting to see all the different products and "toys" available. Real eye opener, it was my first trade show as well.

Probably head back to the one in AC, NJ at the end of Nov.

enjoy it!

AllSquare Jason

Roland usually offers show pricing (meaning they give their dealers an extra discount to pass along to the customer) during the shows they exibit. These are as new units from the factory. Not demo's or refurbs.

And personally, I wouldnt say there is anything wrong with purchasing a factory serviced Roland refurb printer either. As long as your Roland Tech can pull the history and knows how to service these machines (if there are any issues) you can save yourself thousands on the price and still get a great factory warranty you get 6 months free and can extend as you wish ~

I've sold no less than 8 Roland refurb machines - including a refurb PRO III last week. Not any issues that I am aware of ~

maddmd

Got a quote 1st of the mo. SP540V list price:19995.00
Promo price: 15995.00
With 2 full sets of ink,roll of banner and a roll of vinyl and oh ya $400 shipping.

Express Sign

Quick Update..............

This machine is awesome, the print quality is superb and the speed is faster then I imagined it would be. Have already done a bunch of jobs with this printer and many more in line. Its a timesaver for sure!

Thanks for all the great feedback this forum is a great place for info!!!!!