• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vp-i/sp-i/versa-art?

select426

Hello everyone,

We are looking at a new 54' machine and want to know everyones experience with the VP-I/SP-I/VERSA-ART? We have an SP540 so cutting is not a big deal if we went with the versa-art. I was wondering which machine in everyones opinion has the best production and quality.

Thanks in advance for your help

messmedia

Don't know 'bout other machines, but we have versaart rs640.
It is printing xtremelly well (knock on wood :{))

Goods:
- Excelent color quality and precision (using EcoSol Max inks)
- No usuall print quality problems (banding - white or dark, color spots ...)
- No maintenance (once every ten days I clean around the head - tech guy advice, and that's it,), although, the machine is new (we printed 500+ sq mt - around 5500 sq ft so far, for ... month and a half time), so I don't know if maintenance is gonna be worse (more frequent) later
- fast enough for our needs, but, it is not as fast as brochure said ...

NotThatGood:
- prints ARE excellent, but, they ARE A LITTLE GRAINY, espetially when not using "intelligent" pass, and on lighter, 2 component colors (E.G. - yellow c0 m25 y100 k0). But, that grain is not seen from 50cm distance, so - it's all good :{)
- We had a problem with a material for city light, colors wouldn't dry on it. So, I guess, colors are not good for some materials, and U might wanna check it out before UR materials order.
- We did regular window cleaner liquid test to see color resistance. It's not very good. We also compared it with Mutoh's eco colors, it's about the same. So, if it's gonna be frequently washed, U better laminate :{)
- Yeah, almost forgot about it: NO COLOR PROFILES ONLINE!!! and those I could find, usually are in standard, 720x720 mode. So, for finer prints, U must use generics from VersaWorks! Or pay good buck for making UR own :{)

All in all, ease of use, wonderfull, colorfull prints bought us, and we love our roland! All mentioned "not so good" things are nothing to worry about, and are in borders of it's class (or maybe more!)

VencaGSX

lesstalkmorework
Whats your experience yfter few years of running RS640 ?? Iam about get used one for good deal. any info will be great.
Thanks