• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP300 only printing 50 percent of yellow.

gnatt66

just happened, although i havent printed much lately. did several cleanings, swabbed everything accordingly, soaked the cap, but at a loss as to where to go next. test prints have varied, but only 2-10% of the left side of the yellow test print are firing. the others are perfect.

syringe the tube under the yellow cap?

my vp has been flawless for over 2 years. (albeit with limited use). now im in a panic and kinda low on $$ too...(i had to get a non sign job and nothings getting used that often).

help? ideas?

NoBull Graphix

Turn your machine off,unplug it. Make sure it is unpluged. Then check the cables to the head. Pull them nice and easy and re-insert. Check line and see if there is ink or a air bubble in the line..If no ink or there is a air bubble you need to get a syringe and suck ink through the line....

gnatt66

the hose under the capping station was plugged solid. unplugged it, ran a super clean cycle and it's back to perfect.

FYI: that was the ONLY color/cart of 3rd party ink i've EVER used. so..you do the math.

for those that arent running their printers all day every day, stick to OEM inks!

cost me a days pay at the 'real' job, $400 for 3 440ml carts. $8.99 for a syringe kit, and a year of my life stressing that i blew out a head.

thankfully the kinda sorta local wrap guy had ink to sell me same-day. that was WICKED nice of him.

WHEW.