• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vp300 Test Print - Blurry Black Text

esi7esi7

Does anybody know why the black text is fuzzy on the test print? I just purchased this machine used and I'm not quite sure on what maintenance has been done recently.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0742.jpg
    IMG_0742.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_0743.jpg
    IMG_0743.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 188

Gabriel

I think that's more than a calibration problem. If it was a small shadow of one particular color, might have been a print-head calibration problem. But that is an encoder strip caused print issue. Also, try to unplug all the data cables from the main board and put them back carefully(with your printer disconnected, of course).
If you perform a test print (nozzle check), you will see that the colors are mixed up, isn't it?
This kind of errors appear when you have a serious head strike. Did you had a head strike?
Also, there is the possibility to fix the issue only by unplugging the printer for 10 minutes and than reconnect it again.
Hope that helps.

Regards,
Gabriel

esi7esi7

Thanks for the suggestions. Here's the test prints.

Attachments

• IMG_0745.jpg
    IMG_0745.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_0750.jpg
    IMG_0750.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0751 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_0751 - Copy.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 196

Gabriel

I can see that you have to do the horizontal and bias adjustment for the heads in the service mode. Some lost nozzles on Bk but you will survive. Call a tech to do the Head Adjustment in Service mode.
Regards,