• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP540 Banding in Magenta only

wochi

hi there,

since last week my VP540 started to do some strange banding. In every print, and in different materials and profiles it starts banding after 60cm . I noticed that it happened more in colors with magenta. I did a test file with 8 colors, from the roland spot color library. The result is below
The banding isn´t noticable in the photo so i did some 2 year old kid drawings :p
I printed in high speed Bi direccional and I checked that colors with magenta where having problems. all the other are printing perfect all the way down.
The banding starts like a thin line and then to a more sever mess!!If i stop, do a normal cleaning and restart it gets back to normal and after some more inches of print it starts all over again.
The print head is brand new as the dampers and caping stations. The nozzles are all firing with no problems.
Any ideas of what is the problem??

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• tests.jpg
    tests.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 173

wochi

never had a problem related to the inks, so why not? :)

in the picture you can´t see but unfortunatly it´s there and it is very noticable

scuba_steve2699

I can't see any banding either. +1 on going with the Roland inks! The problem you perceive may be due to the inks that have never given you trouble until now.

wochi

i don´t think the problem are the inks. There are plenty of users using this inks and with no problems at all. If the problem is the ink it should do the banding always and not exactly 40cm each time i run the machine.
You can´t see the banding because it´s diffcult to show it in pictures but it´s there and you can see it in person.

wochi

that my opinion to. but they are new. can you see the problem with your eyes? like empty of ink of something like that? not making good contact with head?

Compilla

Is that in the scan width or the feed direction?

Can you please elaborate "banding" ?

There is a lot of different types of Banding, white,dark, horizontal banding, etc

wochi

it´s difficult to choose the words in english.lol
but is in the scan direction. Starts with a thin white line and then gets all messed up, like several lines of different tones of magenta.

Compilla

that my opinion to. but they are new. can you see the problem with your eyes? like empty of ink of something like that? not making good contact with head?

When did you replace the damper(s) ?
Did you check\replace the O rings?
Are the heaters working all the way across?

wochi

i replaced all dampers a month ago. didn´t noticed the o-rings :S all other colors are printing perfectly. only magenta as trouble.
the heaters are ok

wochi

here it is. first one the white lines, then the second one with the multiple lines/tones of magenta

Attachments

• DSC01372.JPG
    DSC01372.JPG
    405.7 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC01374.JPG
    DSC01374.JPG
    391.3 KB · Views: 122

wochi

please see the photo in the first post. the banding is only after some time of printing. If i stop and restart it gets good again but then the same problem so it´s not calibration for sure :(

Sign Ninja

When it's printing, do you see that strip while the ink is being laid down, like in the middle of the very first pass?

Or is it the very beginning or very end edge of that pass that the strip comes from