• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vp540 black printing with greenish hue

modernmav

We're having an issue lately with a lot of black prints coming out with a bit of a greenish hue. The latest is on a piece of customer supplied art, and the background which is supposed to be black (r-0 g-0 b-0, c:75% M:68% Y:67% K:90% ) in photoshop isnt printing completely black. I've tried desaturating it and its still having the same effect. Any suggestions so I dont have to reprint this many times? Thanks

you can change the black color part to print 100 % black in illy if your using that, not sure if you can in ps, but we've done this in illy before.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
why is the black only 90%?

what's causing the greenish tinge is the yellow ink interacting with the black (that is not 100%)...

either reduce your yellow level a bit in the black formula or increase the K to 100% or both

we have good success with 30-30-30-100 (CMYK)

(100%Y + 30%K == green) (and yes, its not a real pretty green)

Roland

You can try...

..to change the settings in Versa Works. At the Color Management Place, in "Quality" window, try to modify from what are you printing with to "Maximum Impact" or "Custom", and if you change to "Custom", press the Proprieties Button there and mark "Preserve Primary Colors" and "Embed ICC Profiles".
Just try it....and you will see if it's better then before.