• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP540- cant read crop marks

New guy here.
I have printed the image and removed it to laminate. When I reload into the printer to cut it cant find the crop marks.

I know I am doing something wrong..:Coffee:

Mike Sirico

Rhino

Search the forums.

I remember reading a decent walkthrough on registration/crop marks. Sorry, I don't have any specific instructions..

Howdy from Missouri

TonyHoles

Don't take it the wrong way because sometimes it's the most basic things we over look so I will state a few obvious things in an attempt to help.

Make sure that it is place back in the same way as it printed out. The rectagular box is nearest the print head on the right side if you are facing it.

then make sure that, that same rectagular box is lined up with the cutting pad.

Then make sure you have the versaworks setting right. (cut only probably)

That's all I can suggest without more info.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Sometimes with the gloss of the laminate you have to put a piece of frosted tape over the crops so it can read them.

At least that's what the previous operator said - haven't had to cut on the VP540 yet after laminating, but the above was in his notes to me.

TonyHoles

If you know what your doing and everything is correct then Bigdawg is right...sometimes...not often it's the laminate causing this. What I have done was used my blade and carefully cut out the laminate around the crop marks and that worked.

ChiknNutz

Set your Base Point directly over the first circle (blade centered over it). I've also sometimes had to shine a flashlight on the crop-mark as the sensor is going over it when it gets a bit temperamental.

petepaz

i have had this happen
one problem i have noticed is if the material gets skewed the register marks may get too close to the edge and the optical eye can't read them properly

MPL5567

I have the same problem. I cant seem to cut after I laminate. I have a ROland CJ-500. Can you print laminate cut out of color choice?

Chuck Olson

You also need to leave an extra 8-9 inches on the tail end of the print. If you don't do that it won't be able to detect the crop marks at the end of the print.

It is also best to NOT center the print on the media if you are doing a print/lam/cut job. And DON'T do a new "Get Media Width" when you reload the laminated print.

I put post it notes over the crop marks and cut them out after. It worked great. This was my first time...... I have the quickmount cold laminator. I use the oragaurd so it winds in reverse. What a pain. but the finished product is great.

I am glad I found this site, Thanks for the help...:U Rock:

Bill43mx

You also need to leave an extra 8-9 inches on the tail end of the print. If you don't do that it won't be able to detect the crop marks at the end of the print.

It is also best to NOT center the print on the media if you are doing a print/lam/cut job. And DON'T do a new "Get Media Width" when you reload the laminated print.

Chuck,
I can understand the "don't do a new "get media width" part but can you explain why you feel it's best not to center the print on the media?

Bill