• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Vp540 disable the front cover open warning?

mcbirdman

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to turn off the cover open error through software? I seemed to remember someone said it was possible but don't know any specifics.....

I know the switch if not working is supposed to be closed/short but it still halts the startup of the whole machine. Anyone can tell me how to turn it off?

I have even tried to contact macmedia regarding their experience but they don't reply.....

Thanks.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
it is there for a good reason
when material jams, you lift the doorto stop machine and protect heads,etc

MadSIGNist

There's a magnetic sensor on the corner of the cover. Unscrew it and wrap it to the sensor with some rubber bands or something.
20191007_125629.jpg

mcbirdman

Thank you that makes sense regarding jams. The P.O. removed the switch and shorted it together. Even rubber banded together, actually the wires on switch twisted together it is telling me to close the cover.

Once I get past this error and get it running I could add it back on but for now.....I can't get the printer to to anything except to tell me to close the cover.

I hear there was a way in special mode, maybe page switches to turn warning off and I am hoping to do so for now....