Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Vp540 disable the front cover open warning?

Discussion in 'Roland' started by mcbirdman, Oct 7, 2019.

1. mcbirdman

mcbirdman Member

Mar 4, 2019
    Can anyone tell me if there is a way to turn off the cover open error through software? I seemed to remember someone said it was possible but don't know any specifics.....

I know the switch if not working is supposed to be closed/short but it still halts the startup of the whole machine. Anyone can tell me how to turn it off?

I have even tried to contact macmedia regarding their experience but they don't reply.....

Thanks.

Tags:
  2. netsol

netsol Member

Apr 26, 2016
    spotswood, nj
    it is there for a good reason
    when material jams, you lift the doorto stop machine and protect heads,etc

3. MadSIGNist

MadSIGNist New Member

Sep 30, 2019
    Calgary
    There's a magnetic sensor on the corner of the cover. Unscrew it and wrap it to the sensor with some rubber bands or something.
    20191007_125629.jpg

4. mcbirdman

mcbirdman Member

Mar 4, 2019
    Thank you that makes sense regarding jams. The P.O. removed the switch and shorted it together. Even rubber banded together, actually the wires on switch twisted together it is telling me to close the cover.

Once I get past this error and get it running I could add it back on but for now.....I can't get the printer to to anything except to tell me to close the cover.

I hear there was a way in special mode, maybe page switches to turn warning off and I am hoping to do so for now....