• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP540 Driving me nuts

HilcoAth

Hello Everyone, new member here. So im not sure what category to put this in.

So i started having an issue with my printer last week. Everything was working like normal and then it started printing black over everything and ruining my prints. I immediately canceled the job, deleted it blah blah blah you get the point. I thought maybe it was a file issue so i tried a previously printed file and it did it again. So i've ruled out it being a file issue. I said to myself to do a test print and as you can see from my test prints, that was a no go either. so now i've narrowed it down to a head thing. Everything is completely cleaned, i've pulled ink through the captops, the dampers are all good.

Its printing WAY beyond the media (see pics) that setup but only in black causing me to believe its an electrical thing where it is being told to have all nozzles open all the time but i'm no expert.

I just don't know what to do, Now i have lost my black and cyan completely (see pictures attached).

Can anyone help point me to what it can be?

Attachments

• IMG_20160809_115813.jpg
    IMG_20160809_115813.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_20160809_115830.jpg
    IMG_20160809_115830.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20160809_115852.jpg
    IMG_20160809_115852.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20160809_120545.jpg
    IMG_20160809_120545.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20160809_120554.jpg
    IMG_20160809_120554.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It could be the head but check your head cables first. If there is corrosion, ink, or and other kind of damage or debris that can short out the cable, it will cause issues like you are having. The same goes for the terminals that the cable plugs into. You can use alcohol to clean the leads of the cable and the terminals. Just make sure you wait 10 or 15 minutes for it to dry before turning the machine back on. There is a possibility that the trailing cables and/or main/head board are malfunctioning but in my experience it's almost always the cables and if not the cables, the head.

HilcoAth

Yeah the rip has nothing to do with this issue. Changed a fuse on the main board, changed all the cables, and still no dice, Black and Cyan is still completely gone. Magenta and yellow are printing fine.

So im not sure what else to do. Anyone know a Technician in the Northeast?

Triggerhappy

Get a tech guy

This is one of those things that really needs a technician. It could be a short in the head, if this is the case you need to change it. It can be a short on the main board. The trick is to diagnose it correctly before changing half the printer.
Good luck