• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP540 Gloss paper bands...

peavey123

Hi All, We just purchased a new Roland VP540 printer that replaced our SP540. The VP is supposed to be about twice as fast which it is...unless printing on rite media gloss photo paper. Why is it slower? Well our supplier told us that we have to print "uni-directional" instead of "bi-directional" or else we get banding...So we are going to try to look for a better paper i think...

So my question is has anyone else run into similar problems?

thanks,
Aaron

AlexT

Yes... The glossier the paper was the more apparent the banding was for us... I tried uni directional, and slowing down the print head, did not work. Until I cleaned the heads.

The heads clogging was due to the AC blowing right onto the printer, drying the head.

Do a head test to see if any of the jets are plugged. Most of my banding was due a few clogged jets. Now I do a print head test before every glossy run to make sure the heads are all working.

Even with clogged jets, matt material is more forgiving and doesn't band like glossy, so you will not notice banding until you print on glossy vinyl.

Our VP-540 is six months old.