• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vp540 grey turns green after making icc profile

Biggermens

Hi there

Would anyone have any idea why my greys turn green after making a icc profile ??
I have a x-rite i1 pro2 and i did exacly how they
Discribe in the roland pdf i found online
Seams like the generic profile is better then my custom profile, i had made a couple profiles when I first got my i1 pro2 and it worked perfect, for some reason now i cant
I can post pictures when i get home

Would the black ink limit have to do anything with that??

Thanks

Biggermens

My black ink is from a different manufacture, i wonder if that would cause that ???
I had tried a demo of Onix and that worked out pretty good

C5 Service&Repair

lots of possibilities.... Rendering intent, GCR, black point compensation, embedded profiles, and RGB vs CMYK profiles and color spaces.
If you use a Roland gray from the Roland color chart, is it a nice gray? Are you only getting 'green' grays when you just try to use 0,0,0,40 cmyk slider values in your artwork?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
What software are you using to create the ICC profile?

When you're in the rip with a pure B&W image, how much CMY is it using? how much K is it using? should be able to move the mouse over the artwork and display the CMYK ink values for the image.

FrankW

Could it be, after doing the linearization in Versaworks, for printing the ICC-charts, that you have forgotten to set the color management settings to „ linearization only“?