• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP540 Network Connection

JET

I had to reload Versaworks on a new hard drive using the same computer as before with a reloaded XP OS. When I load the software it doesn;t recognize the IP address. I tried to manually set the setting for the network card but it doesn;twork . The card works for the Internet so Iknow it is good. I had a problem with the on board network card and shut it off and installed a LinkSys card I had laying around.

Is there any software that can chec these connections and help find out the problem?

badalakis

find a good solution

I had to reload Versaworks on a new hard drive using the same computer as before with a reloaded XP OS. When I load the software it doesn;t recognize the IP address. I tried to manually set the setting for the network card but it doesn;twork . The card works for the Internet so Iknow it is good. I had a problem with the on board network card and shut it off and installed a LinkSys card I had laying around.​

Is there any software that can chec these connections and help find out the problem?​
When you find out what's going on with it, I'd like to ask yo few things about network connectivity!
I have the same plotter!
My best regards
Panos Badalakis

JET

will not connect

Before it said network not connected or communications settings not correct or something like.
I was now getting a message saying dongle not properly attached or printer setting is invalid.
So I removed the versaworks software and deleted all versworks in regedit

Then reloaded it and did an upgrade so now opens up the program with the latest version.

But under properties it shows a GX-500 printer and doesn't let me delete it or add a new one.

It seems that the Versaworks is looking for another printer

Last edited:

JET

fixed

Thanks for the help.
The problem was fixed by changing a network cable location.

I had to reload the software on a new drive and one of my network cables needed to be changed to a different port on the router. Even though the software worked before with this same port and cable settings it could not find the new IP address when installing a fresh program. One of the ports on the router is for the Internet modem cable but I had the network cable hooked to it. It could not aquire a connection.

Then when I tried the manual upgrade it it loaded a Gx500 printer in the settings. Then I wasn't able to change it. I also tried reloading the software and the same thing kept coming up with the same printer.

Finnally I loaded a fresh OS and versaworks on another hard drive. Now that the IP address problem was fixed it found the IP and loaded it correctly.

In order to fix the other hard drive I copied the good folder from the fresh install to the old hard drive. That worked and cleared the settings. Now it opens up with the VP540 settings and the correct IP.

It is a good idea to save that folder as a backup.